Each and every day we welcome new members to our community, adding new objects and making new rental transactions. We hank you for your trust, and would like to give you some more safety tips for a great Zilok experience.
We ask you to take the time to read these online renting safety tips we have prepared for you, whether you are an owner or a renter:
- Systematically check your account. It not only allows you to be sure your telephone number is correct but will also inform you if one of your objects is booked.
- Attach identification documents to your account profile to help other members trust you.
- Contact the owner or the renter as soon as the rental booking is confirmed and you receive their details.
- Don't forget to sign the rental agreement - either the standard one we provide or your own - when you make the transaction.
- Ask for a copy of the renter's passport or driver license, to certify his or her identity upon signing the rental agreement.
- Don't over-estimate your renter's brightness and please do explain how to use the item he/she is renting from you!
- If requested, don't forget to bring the deposit, either in cash or check; the owner may cancel the transaction if you don't.
- Try as much as possible to avoid corporate checks.
- Verify that the name on the check book is the same as on the person's identification document.
- May sound silly to remind you, but check the photo on the document resembles the person standing in front of you!
- Always ask for your renter's telephone number and make sure it is correct by calling him while he stands in front of you.
- Most important of all, remember to evaluate the rental after it has taken place, to make sure renters, owners and items are evaluated for future transactions, and to help keep our community a safe and trustworthy place.
We like to believe that we live in the best of worlds, but as we all know some may come to disappoint us.
Follow these guidelines and your rentals on Zilok should go untroubled.
Have fun, and remember: money doesn't grow on trees, it grows on Zilok!